Takashi Amano svara på våra frågor.

Questions asked to those who are one step before time and might have the answer to us.

Moderator: Hedersmedlemmar

Användarvisningsbild
peterhaack
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Kontakt:

Takashi Amano svara på våra frågor.

Inlägg av peterhaack » 02 dec 2009, 12:12

Äntligen efter en lång väntan(alla har nog glömt det) skall vi få svar på våra frågor som vi ställt till Takashi Amano san.

1. I think your books in the Nature Aquarium World-series was great and years ahead of their time. Are we going to see any new books (in english) from you soon?

Yes, on 12/25/2009 in Japan. It is expected to be translated in many languages. The book is about the complete collection of my works from 1985 to 2009.

2. What level (ppm) of carbon dioxide, CO2, do you prefer in a planted tank?

When appropriate level of CO2 is supplied, it will be consumed by plants, and there should not be any residual CO2 in the tank. Therefore, the appropriate amount depends on each tank and its condition, more specifically, how much plants are growing there and how much they need CO2.

3. What do you think will be the next "big thing" in the planted aquarium hobby?

Today, environmental issue has become a serious issue, and the next big thing would be that not only within Nature Aquarium hobbyists, but from outside field, nature Aquarium would gain much appreciation and attention because it is a great tool to learn about nature. From environmental issue point of view, it gives a good insight of the ongoing issue. One can learn about the natural ecosystem by keeping a Nature Aquarium tank.

4. What kind of aquarium lightning do you prefer, and why? MH / T5 / LED / Other ???

I believe new types of lighting will take over MH in future, especially LED, as it has efficient energy consumption and is environmental friendly. However, at this moment, T5 and LED seem to be technically under development. Most importantly, I feel that it has not yet reached a point I use them to grow plants without any concern. It needs some more time to be fully developed. Cost performance of LED is very attractive, but it is still too expensive to buy for end-users.

5. Are there any plant you haven´t maneged to proprogate or had difficulties with? If so I´m curious to know which and if you came to any conclusion what the misfortune where caused by.

I had difficulty growing plants naturally habitat in cold region with rapid water flow like in northern parts of Japan or Russia, for example Ranunculus nipponicus var. major. Since they live in very cold area, it is hard for them to grow in aquarium tank with stabilized temperature, and it is not easy to recreate their natural environment in the tank. They grow quickly and have short life cycle, so they cannot be maintained for a long-term.  

6. Which two specimens do you consider as the easiest and the most difficult to proprogate? <=I am not too sure what you mean by proprogate!

I am not keen on challenging new fishes or breeding them, and Nature Aquarium is not about that. I do not use fishes if I know it will be difficult for maintain them in the tank for a long time. Value their life and do not use fish if you have any concern for keeping them healthy; that is my philosophy.

7. You are a great source of inspiration to aquarists around the world and maybe it´s a skill you were born with but I guess even you seek inspiration somewhere when creating your setups. What is your inspirational source?

I have seen a lot of natural landscapes. I take photographs and those images are burned into me. Nature is my great teacher and my inspiration comes from there.

8. I would love to hear all about your thoughts about what favors and uphold red colouration in plants. For example: Different nitrogen-levels for different species, does an increase of the blue spectra increase red colouration in all species? Best ways maintaining red colouration for a long period.. and so on, all thoughts/conceptions about this is very interesting.

Use correct substrate like Amazonia and supply sufficient amount of iron like ECA to keep beautiful red color.

9. Du you believe there has been a development of specific styles within nature aqarium aquascapes? If so, do the styles follow the geography or is the aquascaping scene global.

Traditionally, Asian style tends to value natural quality, and European style tends to focus more on garden like quality. Of course both approaches are correct. In recent years, compositions of European aquascapers to me are not so delicate rather bold, on the other hand, Asian aquascapers tend to be over detailed and making the layout looks like diorama overland, maybe focusing too much on how to win a contest. We must realize that we are creating natural underwater world in the aquarium tank. You will know what I mean if you see my latest collections.

10. Can you find an example of something in your recent work that is a clear influence from an fellow aquascaper?

Not really. I create my own style, so I am not really influenced by other aquascapers.

11. What is the most recent important knowledge/insight that you have aquired in the last year?

I have been an aquarist for more than 30 years, so I have not had new findings regarding aquarium recently. I am interested in many different things, not just aquarium. So what I am most interested in these days is the “natural way.” Knowing too much about aquarium does not necessary mean that you are a great aquascaper. I cultivate my sensitivity, for example by watching movies, listening music, and watching photographs, and I believe such experiences gives me great insight.

12. How do you decide lighting time and what factors do you use for that decsion?

It used be according to my life style that the light is turned on when I get up until I go to sleep. Tanks at my home, I set the light to be turned on in the late morning and still on when I go home in the evening because I want to see the tanks when I go home. As for Nature Aquarium gallery and our maintenance tanks, when to turn on and off depends on the opening hours. For example, if it is a clinic, the light should be turned on when patients are there. Another thing you might want to consider is the environmental factor. If the tank is at a living room and get room lights during night, plants may not grow as you wish. It is preferred to keep them away from any light during the night. All in all, lighting duration should be 8 to 10 hours, so you can set the lighting time according to your life style and the condition of the tank.

13. What nutritional levels, do you prefer?

If you use Amazonia, you do not need any liquid fertilizer for few months. But you will need liquid fertilizer when stemmed plants grow because the chlorophyll tends to be lighter. The most important thing is NOT to have any residuals as it causes to grow algae in the tank. So of course it is better to give the least amount of liquid fertilizer. I recommend supplying sufficient type and amount of the fertilizer by watching the condition of the tank such as the plants, water temperature, CO2 level and lighting carefully.

14. Within photography the rule of thirds is often applied as a recommendation for creating a nice balance in the picture, is their any rule such as that can be applied on aquascaping?

I am not familiar with rule of thirds, but for Nature Aquarium, it is important to follow golden ratio (1:1.618). Please see our publications for details.

15. There are several specimens in trade that are classified as invasive in terms of their ability to affect habitats they invade economically, environmentally or ecologically. How do you think such specimens shall be taken care of when the aquarists no longer have use for them in their aquarium in order to prevent further spreading.

Sorry, we do not really understand the question.

Användarvisningsbild
Lingonfil
Donator
Donator

Inlägg av Lingonfil » 02 dec 2009, 23:34

Trevligt.

Bra frågor: bra svar.

Synd bara att den sista inte blev besvarad. Hade gärna hört hans åsikt där.
PS Aquascaping Showcase 2011 - Hjälp till!

bootin
Hedersmedlem
Hedersmedlem
Kontakt:

Inlägg av bootin » 03 dec 2009, 02:40

hoho intressant men flera frågor verkar inte riktigt vara besvarade, vi får la skriva på japanska nästa gång =)

Användarvisningsbild
peterhaack
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Kontakt:

Inlägg av peterhaack » 03 dec 2009, 11:30

Ja vi får försöka det haha...

Ang sista frågan har jag frormulerat om det lite för att se vad han svarar på detta.

Användarvisningsbild
Lingonfil
Donator
Donator

Inlägg av Lingonfil » 04 dec 2009, 21:15

In recent years, compositions of European aquascapers to me are not so delicate rather bold, on the other hand, Asian aquascapers tend to be over detailed and making the layout looks like diorama overland, maybe focusing too much on how to win a contest. We must realize that we are creating natural underwater world in the aquarium tank.
Word.

Användarvisningsbild
PatrikMalmo
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Hedersmedlem & Donator

Inlägg av PatrikMalmo » 05 dec 2009, 08:23

Trevlig läsning!!

Hilsen,

/P
End Of The World Party
(just in case)

MAF: http://www.malmoakvarieforening.se

Algaebrate
Frö
Frö

Inlägg av Algaebrate » 22 dec 2009, 12:08

Bra artikel.

Den där boken som kommer ut dagen efter julafton med Amanos samlade verk måste jag skaffa.

Användarvisningsbild
Johan Ågren
CO2 närd planta
CO2 närd planta
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Johan Ågren » 22 dec 2009, 13:42

Tycker det var bra och hoppfullt att han tog upp det här med ekologi och miljö. Det är ju vad jag också har hävdat. Om det här ska bli riktigt intressant så kan det inte vara en avart, utan måste integreras med ett större tänkande, och i det ligger den framtida utmaningen. Intresset för tävlingar och snygga foton kommer att ha sin peak, men sedan faller det hela tillbaka på hur pass bra aquascaping och i synnerhet Nature Aquarium sammanfaller med den ökade medvetenheten om naturen och kretsloppen. Att jämställa aquascaping med en Ferraribil eller liknande är bara så passé. Tror vi kommer att se mer "sunkiga" akvarium i framtiden; där just naturen har tagit över och där olika biotoper frodas. Och skönheten ligger i att integrera en hög teknisk kunskap med det estetiska och där man även i det lilla kan skapa samma förutsättningar som i det stora. Nyckelorden kommer att bli att hitta attraktiva biotoper som kan innefattas i mindre slutna system och sedan utifrån en hög teknisk kunskap kunna balansera upp dessa system. Tekniska mätutrustningar som idag kostar flera hundra tusen kommer att börja produceras i större skala och göras mer anpassade för att kunna styra mikromiljöer i akvarium. Vi kommer således att bli mindre intresserade av att ta hand om djur, som nu är det vanligaste beteendet, och i stället sköta om miljöer där djuren är en del av denna miljö.

Att direkt sköta om djur är begränsat. I stället kommer vi sköta om miljöer så att djuren kan sköta om sig själva. Detta kommer vi att se inom all form av djurskötsel, och vi kommer slutligen att slippa denna hemska vanvård av djur.

Användarvisningsbild
Johan Ågren
CO2 närd planta
CO2 närd planta
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Johan Ågren » 22 dec 2009, 13:43

Johan Ågren skrev:Tycker det var bra och hoppfullt att han tog upp det här med ekologi och miljö. Det är ju vad jag också har hävdat. Om det här ska bli riktigt intressant så kan det inte vara en avart, utan måste integreras med ett större tänkande, och i det ligger den framtida utmaningen. Intresset för tävlingar och snygga foton kommer att ha sin peak, men sedan faller det hela tillbaka på hur pass bra aquascaping och i synnerhet Nature Aquarium sammanfaller med den ökade medvetenheten om naturen och kretsloppen. Att jämställa aquascaping med en Ferraribil eller liknande är bara så passé. Tror vi kommer att se mer "sunkiga" akvarium i framtiden; där just naturen har tagit över och där olika biotoper frodas. Och skönheten ligger i att integrera en hög teknisk kunskap med det estetiska och där man även i det lilla kan skapa samma förutsättningar som i det stora. Nyckelorden kommer att bli att hitta attraktiva biotoper som kan innefattas i mindre slutna system och sedan utifrån en hög teknisk kunskap kunna balansera upp dessa system. Tekniska mätutrustningar som idag kostar flera hundra tusen kommer att börja produceras i större skala och göras mer anpassade för att kunna styra mikromiljöer i akvarium. Vi kommer således att bli mindre intresserade av att ta hand om djur (och växter), som nu är det vanligaste beteendet, och i stället sköta om miljöer där djuren är en del av denna miljö.

Att direkt sköta om djur är begränsat. I stället kommer vi sköta om miljöer så att djuren kan sköta om sig själva. Detta kommer vi att se inom all form av djurskötsel, och vi kommer slutligen att slippa denna hemska vanvård av djur.

Skriv svar

Återgå till "We ask the questions"