CO2 at night?

Här kan vi diskutera Pmdd,andra gödningar och näringpreparat samt dosering och olika recept.

Moderator: Hedersmedlemmar

nano66
Liten planta
Liten planta

CO2 at night?

Inlägg av nano66 » 05 jun 2012, 21:10

I am about to start using CO2 in my two nano tanks and have been confused by the advice you find here on the internet about whether or not you should turn off the CO2 at night. I have a moderate amount of plants and shrimp in both tanks. I would like to know what are the pros and cons of turning off the CO2 apart from the obvious saving of money. What do most people on here do? If I do go with turning off the CO2 off must I buy a solenoid (magnetventil) or is there another way to do it?
Thanks
Karen

Användarvisningsbild
blassan
Donator
Donator
Kontakt:

Re: CO2 at night?

Inlägg av blassan » 06 jun 2012, 01:00

Hi!
I assume you use compressed co2? Or do you use "DIY" style? Either way is if you use compressed I say turn it off by night because it's hard to keep same amount of co2 levels in the tank ( if you not use a controller, to use a controller you need a solenoid for that)
If you use the DIY method I say leave it on, but it also depends on the bottles you use, I had 2x 2litres bottles to my 7litres tank and it was on 24/7, the risk of pushing the amount of co2 is quite low, and I say it again, it all comes down on what sizes (liters) the bottle is to the tanks ;)

I hope you understand my kvackedikvack English haha
/Blassan
Farts are like wines. They get better the older they get!
blogg .:. uppdaterad 11/14.:. http://blassan.blogspot.se/

nano66
Liten planta
Liten planta

Inlägg av nano66 » 06 jun 2012, 09:54

Thankyou Blassan, I should have said its compressed CO2. I have a regulator but no solenoid so I think I need to get one. Your English is very good - MVG :) much better than my Swedish :)
I guess I can just turn off the CO2 at night until I can get a solenoid? They cost pretty much and I dont have the money right now :(
Thanks again for the help
Karen

Användarvisningsbild
blassan
Donator
Donator
Kontakt:

Inlägg av blassan » 06 jun 2012, 16:22

Hehe thanks Karen, my recommendation to you to turn the co2 off during the nights and as you say, get a solenoid :) and after that, runt the damn thing on timer hehe :)) until you have enough money to buy a controller!
Farts are like wines. They get better the older they get!
blogg .:. uppdaterad 11/14.:. http://blassan.blogspot.se/

nano66
Liten planta
Liten planta

Inlägg av nano66 » 06 jun 2012, 20:56

Isnt a solenoid the same as a controller? Sorry to sound stupid but im a complete beginner when it comes to CO2 :)
Thanks
Karen

Användarvisningsbild
Raven
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Hedersmedlem & Donator
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Raven » 06 jun 2012, 22:06

Solenoid is a magnetic valve thats used to control the flow of co2 (on or off) and can be controlled by either a timer or a controller, a controller measures the PH in the water and adds co2 when needed through a magnetic valve.Bild
Människor kommer, människor går, PlantSwap är det enda som består!
Länkgalleri
Faktatråd om vatten
AkvarieWiki

nano66
Liten planta
Liten planta

Inlägg av nano66 » 06 jun 2012, 22:28

Ok thanks for explaining that Raven. Sounds very technical to me and expensive :) Does it do the ironing too :)
Thanks
Karen

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Gödning och näringspreparat samt dosering & recept"